We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
The FAQ page consists of many questions the community asks around, so we decided to fill it regularly so everyone can get basic information without asking questions. Questions below.
FAQ wave 1[edit | edit source]
How will we progress through the skill system?
- As the player uses skills they will gain experience dependent on the action taken to the respective skill.
How will the leveling work? Can you expand more than "It will be a grinding style level system", and let us know how effective quests will be?
- Quests will grant experience and rewards in 5 tiers dependent on the floor they are on. They will be faster than grinding mobs but not so much that mob grinding is nonviable.
What's the guild member limit?
Where is Alfheim?
- In Alfheim.
Is this really SAO?
- No, this is Age of Aincrad.
Where can I get an game key?
- See: Game keys
Will there be a dual wield skill?
Will the Oculus Rift be compatible with the game?
How much does will the game cost?
- It's going to be free to play.
Where are the developers from?
- The majority of members are located in the US, the rest is from many different countries.
Where is the game being developed? The game development is located in the UK for now.
Where will the servers be available?
Are the skills easily obtainable?
Is there going to be a nerve gear?
Will there be ranged combat?
Will equipment add to the players stats?
How much maintenance(hunger, thirst etc.) do we have to put into our characters?
- This is not a survival game. Equipment is the only the only aspect you have to manage.
Will the wiki include loot drop rates and which floors have what types of mobs?
- Only if you the players want to lose money from information trading.
How much customization will go into the character? Will it be simple or can we go into detail?
- It’ll be fairly in depth.
Is there a character limit per account? Like say if I make characters on Hard-core and Casual. Will the limit be separate or will it apply for all servers?
- 8 at any one time.
Why don't you mention the different rarity tiers of skills in the Skills section? That would be nice, like how we all know by now that dual blades will be a unique skill. So just saying something like, "As well as the 40 starting skills and combat skills, there will be more to be discover, for example the ranking of skills as common, uncommon, rare, legendary, or unique" etc.
- Find out for yourself when the time comes. Meaning - we’ll probably update it at a later date or after a live-stream that has decided it.
Is there rarity differentiation on items, like rare class, epic, and so on?
- Yes. The tier classifications however are undecided.
Are there any other unique skills beside dual-wielding?
- Of course.
What will we get when we beat the game?
- If we told you, why would you beat the game then?
Will there be a way to help Guild Members/Friends with Earlier bosses? And how will each weapon type factor into a boss battle?
- No, there won't be a way. As for the weapons, the weapon you use will determine your ability pool. Use them as you feel necessary.
Will we be able to make two accounts with ownership of the same IGN, but on each server (e.g. Hardcore and Casual or whatever the non-Hardcore one is called at the moment)?
- Each server is independent of the other for character names. Short answer: Yes.
Are there unique/hidden skills available, like dual wielding in the show; that can be uncovered and used by characters with a high specialty in some stat?
- Yes, however they will not be unlocked by player stats.
Are there going to be servers placed globally? If so, what are their locations?
Why does the wiki not have a page on how the combat interface is, like wether its hack and slash or something more RPG-ish?
- Because the combat has not been finalised and released yet.