We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Non-Player Characters (NPC's)
NPC's (Non-Playable Characters) are any game characters controlled by the computer through artificial intelligence. An NPCs behaviour is usually scripted and automatic, triggered by certain actions or even by dialogue with the player.
Roles of NPCs[edit | edit source]
- NPCs serve as vendors, for example by selling items.
- NPCs give out quests to the player.
- NPCs provide information about the game world and lore.
- NPCs are usually looped and when scripted do the same things every now and then.
- NPCs are usually friendly towards the players, although they may be not if there are quests that tell players to attack a certain NPC which has a fight back script.