We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Weapons are one-handed or two-handed equitable damage dealing items. The one-handed weapons may be used with shields to increase the player's defensive capabilities, and two-handed weapons have much bigger damage dealing capabilities. Due to Age of Aincrad being a Melee-focused MMORPG, with the presence of magic and ranged weapons missing from the game, we are compensating them with a wide variety of melee weapons. Balanced - each weapon type will have it's own area of specialization and will also have an assortment of skills assigned to it.
Information on weapons[edit | edit source]
- Most skills will be focused on weapon usage.
- One-handed weapons will have different skills than two-handed weapons.
- Weapons will have skill level requirements, so a low level player won't be able to use a high level weapon.
- Weapon users will play a major role in every boss fight, as without their help players who are using only shields may be too weak to deal enough damage to a boss before they get killed.
Weapon types[edit | edit source]
- One-handed swords: Straight Short Swords, Curved Short Swords, Long Swords (Straight and Curved), Katana, Rapier
- Two-handed swords: Greatswords, Straight and Curved Two-handed swords, Straight and Curved One and a Half-handed swords.
- Pole arms: Spears, Staffs, Polearms with Spikes, Blades and Hammers.
- Fist weapons: Claws - Fists, Gauntlets, Battlefans, Push daggers, Katars.
- Axes: Battleaxe, Broad-axe, Tomahawk.
- Knives and Daggers: Sickles, Kris, Dagger, Kukri, Sai, Karambit.
- Trauma weapons: Clubs, Morning Star, War-hammer, Flail, Mace.
- Other: Scythe.